Monday, August 15, 2011

Built in Refresh in North Arlington, Va

A good friend of mine wanted to change up her built in and so we decided to get a little crazy and do it in Annie Sloan's Graphite colored Chalk Paint.  This has become one of my favorite colors and "J" the client is obsessed with grey so it was a match made in heaven!  Here is the before picture:

Those are two of her three little monkeys:-)

And the afters...

I did just one coat of paint and was careful to allow for the wood to show through a bit.  Then I lightly sanded the distressing points and waxed with a dark wax.  We replaced the knobs with two different glass sets and I think it looks beautiful!


While I was there we ended up also painting and distressing her banister. And in case you just fell in love with the photos on the wall they are hers.  She has a boutique photography business focusing on families, you can see more at www.jenniferburnsphotographyblog.com.







Cheers! Kelly

2 comments:

  1. Really, really beautiful, Kelly! I'm a big fan of Graphite, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to stop by your shop and get a can of that paint. Looks like lots of fun and great results.

    ReplyDelete

Share a little Patina!