Tuesday, August 2, 2011

For the love of a side table

Yes I think I have an obsession with chairs that has become very clear BUT I do have a new love for little side tables.  I found this super cute one with a glass top and immediately saw the potential so I snatched it up and then these little nesting tables were calling to me. 

I decided to do the oval side table in old white on the base and the then old violet Annie Sloan chalk paint on the top.  I think it looks super sweet!  I used clear wax to finish it off and make it sparkle:-)  I will have this for sale on Saturday in our flea market/vendor sale at Stifel & Capra (10-2pm) in Falls Church.




On the nesting tables I decided to go for two colors.  the outer table is done in paris gray Annie Sloan (AS) chalk paint and the smaller table is Aubusson Blue.  I used clear wax and then put a layer of satin poly on the top to help with scratching.  I've started to do this on a couple of my pieces that have heavy use tops.  I'll let you know what I think of it after I've done a few more. 


And finally I painted the top of the dresser (duck egg drawers / old ochre) in old ochre vs. the duck egg.  I think it looks better.  This little dresser has gone through MANY iterations!  I'll have it this Saturday at the sale.


I should have the Annie Sloan Chalk paint for sale at Stifel & Capra towards the end of the week!

Have a great day!

Kelly

{fb} www.facebook.com/stylishpatinashop
{online shop} www.etsy.com/shop/stylishpatina


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that you have joined the Annie Sloan Chalkists. I have a few pieces that I've done and re-done a gazillion times! I use a lot of Old Ochre, on my 3rd pot now!

    ReplyDelete

Share a little Patina!