Thursday, August 11, 2011

Ira in the Big City!

So a couple days ago I needed to head down to the new shop, FOUNDRY, or URBAN, as my husband called it last night to Yvette, LOL.  We got a kick out of that one:-) on U Street in DC to delivery furniture.  I have to say as much as I grew up here I don't go into the city very often the parking and everything just is a big hassle for me b/c I'm not used to it.  Let alone driving Ira the 1976 Ford pick up that can be very finicky:-)


So I load up Ira, pray it doesn't rain and head down.  Yes I got many stares as I drove through the city streets with Ira rumbling away.  I'm sure it was the first time some people had seen a car that old.  Not to mention it was hot as heck and Ira of course has no AC.....ahh the joys of a little patina.

I find the shop and try and pull behind the building to unload but it was way too tight..so I circle around and decide to just make a U turn and park in front of the shop.  I take a really wide U turn b/c Ira's turning radius leaves something to be desired and all of a sudden in the middle of U street Ira stalls on me.....at first I don't worry this is pretty standard for Ira so I try and start him up...no luck, keep in mind I am now blocking the entire lane of traffic on U street.  UGHHH I try to start him a few more times, no luck.  Then some kinda scary guy jumps out of his van and comes over to the window and tells me to put it in neutral and he'll push me over:-)  Seriously do not judge the scary greasy guy when he is pushing you out of U st.  Thank you!!!

After a few minutes of rest Ira started up and we got parked, moved in the furniture and made it home safe but Ira and the big city don't mix too well, so he is going in for a serious check up next week!

For your enjoyment here are a few new things in the shop and some pics of items in FOUNDRY.


















Cheers!
Kelly
Stylish Patina
One of a kind finds, refreshed for you home.

{fb} www.facebook.com/stylishpatinashop
{shop online} www.etsy.com/shop/stylishpatina



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a little Patina!