Monday, May 16, 2011

Welcome to Stylish Patina

Hi!, my name is Kelly and I live in Northern Virginia with my husband "J" of two years and our 4 large dogs: Macie, Halo, Rai & Bai. I love finding & refreshing unique furniture as well a hunting for home decor items with character.    

My husband and I bought a 1940's Dutch Colonial right after we were married and lived in the 300 sq ft basement while we gutted the house.  Now that's a honeymoon:-) Recently J convinced me we needed a 1976 Ford truck which we now call "Ira".  Ira has LOTS of Patina! Ever since Ira I have loved the word "Patina". I believe furnishings and home decor items with Patina have character and can also be stylish; hence the name of my company, Stylish Patina

Personally I don't like having the same dining set, tables and chairs as everyone else.  I enjoy unique pieces that have a story behind them.  This is what Stylish Patina is all about.  Stylish Patina was born after many pokes and prods from friends & family.  I am a business/marketing consultant by trade so I do that to pay the bills with the hopes that Stylish Patina can/will grow. 

I sell my refreshed furnishings through Etsy at www.etsy.com/shop/stylishpatina, I hold & participate in local tag sales and I have a small booth space at Stifel & Capra in Falls Church City where I grew up and my family still lives.  Come and see me!

Stylish Patina has three additional service offerings
1. Refurbishing Furniture
2. Personal Shopping
3. "Picking"

Refurbishing
I love to find fun and funky items and breathe new life into them through paint or refinishing.  I do this myself and sell the items which I will share with you through this blog and an Etsy store once I get organized.  I will be at the Lucketts Market May 21 + May 22, come check it out!

I am also more than happy to take a piece you might already have and "freshen" it up for you.  Just send me an email and I can give you a quote on the cost, Kelly@StylishPatina.com 

Personal Shopping
Do you love unique and interesting furnishings but have no time to go look for them?  Then let me help!  Send me an email and tell me what you are looking for and how much you want to pay. I can look for your items for you (and refurbish it if it needs it).  I'm happy to send pictures of items I find while I'm out and send them to you:-)  I charge for the item not the time spent looking for you.  Email me with your "Wish List" and if you have pictures send those too and I can keep an eye out for you!

Picking 
What is Picking?!  If you've ever watched the American Pickers on TV (Love this show!!) you know exactly what I'm talking about.  Basically I go out and find furniture and other goodies for dealers and refurbishers that just don't have the time to be out there picking up the deals.  In I come!  I've been working with Miss Mustard Seed lately and just delivered her a truck full of goodies to Lucketts in Ira.  If you need a picker email me, I'm your girl! 

Keep checking back and follow my blog to see what new fun finds I come across.  I'll also share some of our before and after pictures of the house we renovated and our adorable dog family:-)

This is "Ira" our 1976 truck, I took him to Lucketts to deliver some picked items to Miss Mustard Seed.  He is Stylish Patina's Mascot :-)

Cheers!
Kelly



4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new blog!! If you need any help let me know, although I have only been blogging for a few months myself. Thanks for the Twitter follow. I just began your first follower!! Please come visit my blog at http://cedarhillranch.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOps typo "BEGAN" should be "BECAME" but I will just leave another comment versus deleting the previous one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fun, Kelly. I can't wait to see what you find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see everything you "pick"! I need a picker to help me! And, can I just say, I love Ira!

    ReplyDelete

Share a little Patina!