Friday, June 10, 2011

Reveal of a few new projects..

Good morning sunshine!  So yesterday was a blistering 97 degrees here in Northern Virginia and most normal people were in the AC but I of course was outside painting!  Well the deal is I don't have an air conditioned work area and I have an outdoor market coming up on Saturday so it was either suck it up outside or don't have additional inventory....so I sucked it up like a big girl:-)
I used my Annie Sloan Chalk Paint which was great b/c I could just start painting, no need for a layer of primer!  I learned about this paint from Miss Mustard Seed she does amazing stuff! I ended up doing a coffee table in Old Violet, two chairs in Louis Blue (not sure if I love them yet) and two dressers in Old Ochre.  Here is a little sneak peak...they are not finished but half way there...

I LOVE this color!!!

This is in process or before & after.  I painted both chairs last night now it's time for wax.

This puppy needs a little distressing and some cool knobs and it will be ready to go!

This is my favorite..I might be tempted to keep this sucker! I kept the original wood color on the top.  It needs a little paint touch up and minor distressing..then with a coat of wax it's going to be gorgeous!  And it has the original hardware which is awesome too!

I had a girlfriend come over yesterday and she saw all of my goodies and loved them..it made me feel good.  I buy what I like and so it's fun when someone else appreciates it as well:-)

Have a fabulous weekend!

Kelly
www.facebook.com/stylishpatina.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a little Patina!